Rock House on YouTube Follow us on Twitter Join our Facebook Fan Page
rockhousemethod.com • View topic - I was told I could record CTK-720

Return to Keyboard Talk

I was told I could record CTK-720

Everything keyboards and piano

Moderator: jmac

I was told I could record CTK-720

Postby froggyks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm

While at the store I was told that my Casio CTK-720 Keyboard could hook up to my computer and record my music into Midi files so I can use them for my youtube videos so not to have anymore copyright issues with my music selections with pictures slideshows I put together, or for music over boring parts in my videos...anyways I was so stoked about it but hadn't really had the chance to sit down and figure it all out...
So what I am finding out two Christmas's have past and here I am sitting down trying to figure out how this works and finding that NO I can load midi files into the keyboard to use...which no doubt is cool BUT I was deceived by a store employing on the capabilities of this beautiful Keyboard that is no doubt fun to play and explore different features on...but my original intent for buying it two years ago...Well Christmas before last...anyways...is there a way to record? am I over looking it? please say yes I am and this is how you do it!

I figure going to the store will give me more of a chance of getting what I want only to find the stores clerks don't know anything or say anything to get me to purchase the item...they have no care about finding out if it does stuff or not...same with a Kodak camera I bought I was told it could have an SD card to up the space on the recording time but got it home and nope there was no slot to put it in...I am beginning to hate sales clerks with a severe passion...that is if my trying to find out how to make MIDI filies with my Keyboard and turning nothing up...if I can't where can I find free music that won't take my rights to make money off my videos when I use the music? Thank you...videos are boring without background music or music over the boring parts it makes it more interesting and well fun...so thank you for your time and intelligence you will be sharing with me.
God Bless
and talk to you later
Sincerely,
Froggyks
froggyks

Re: I was told I could record CTK-720

Postby luna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 am

Hello froggyks.

I had a look at the manual, it is available at:

http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/ctk_720_01_e.pdf

and page E-30 discusses how to connect to your computer. Once you've connected the keyboard to your computer via a usb cable (and have the proper midi driver installed) you still need music software on your computer that can record the midi data coming from your keyboard. If you have a Mac you can just use Garageband which comes with the computer. If you have a PC I think the program Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is free, and other people might have suggestions for better free programs.

You can do it, you just need the proper software on your computer, a USB cable, the MIDI driver software that comes with your keyboard on a CD installed onto your computer, and then, configuring your keyboard and computer software to talk to each other.
luna

Postby james442 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 am

I figure going to the store will give me more of a chance of getting what I want only to find the stores clerks don't know anything or say anything to get me to purchase the item...they have no care about finding out if it does stuff or not...same with a Kodak camera I bought I was told it could have an SD card to up the space on the recording time but got it home and nope there was no slot to put it in...I am beginning to hate sales clerks with a severe passion...that is if my trying to find out how to make MIDI filies with my Keyboard and turning nothing
james442

Postby WilliamStuart » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:55 pm

For the development of the learning skills, you must be practicing and get help from the professionals as well in writing. The teachers also need to learn and upgrade their knowledge with the passage of time. I suggested papersmart.net review to keep in touch with the latest technology and boost knowledge themselves and the students too.
WilliamStuart

Postby single » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm

If there are many sad stories, share it with the people you trust. Sharing helps people get closer together and you also relieve some of that sadness. Douchebag Workout
single

Postby sueryze » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Paws Elite CBD oil helps with heart murmur in dogs.
sueryze

Postby tysonssock » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:50 am

If piano does not have this function the only way to record is installing a good microphone. But you will need a keyboard stand. You will use it to install the microphone on it. If you do not have the stand check keyboard stand reviews. And you will choose one for you. Just connect the microphone to the computer on put the recording on.
tysonssock

Return to Keyboard Talk