Rock House on YouTube Follow us on Twitter Join our Facebook Fan Page
rockhousemethod.com • View topic - Guitar for cheap

Return to Guitar Talk

Guitar for cheap

Everything Electric and Acoustic for the guitar god in you! We be Jammin'

Moderator: jmac

Guitar for cheap

Postby AndArst » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 am

Is it possible to buy a good electric guitar for cheap? I've heard that low-budget guitars are always quite bad but is it really so?
AndArst

Re: Guitar for cheap

Postby JoWee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:07 am

Don't know about electric but when I needed to buy an acoustic, I've read this article - https://musiety.com/best-acoustic-electric-guitar-under-500/ and it really helped so you can search for some other useful information on the website to make the right choice.
JoWee

Postby Christopher33 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 pm

You know about the guitar when you read the article on the website. Now you have an idea how to buy the guitar in the cheap price and the best quality. idahocarpetandrestoration
Christopher33

Postby THIRDSTONE » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 am

I consider a cheap guitar to be anything under $120.00, once you get under $99 it goes down hill, but that has been hashed over on here many times, and now and than even a cheap guitar can have a really good sound, it happens, but not often.
I think for anyone just starting out, anything &129.00 or up is a good starting point, guitar and amp packages are a solid choice for a beginner, I say that because you don't want to make a big investment only to find out six months or a year from now playing the guitar just isn't your thing, it happens more often than you might think.
There are a few things to consider when buying a package deal, on the low price end, if the package comes with a tuner, a guitar cable, and strings, you will want to replace those items soon as possible, the strings will be cheap, as will the guitar tuner, and the guitar cable will begin having static and cutting out within 3 months, if not sooner.
Those amps lack get up and go as well, you pick up a pedal or two which will wake up the sound of the amp, a low price distortion pedal is a good first pedal, even if the amp says it has built in distortion, adding the pedal will be a big improvement. If money is no problem than shoot for the stars, but you may be kicking yourself a few months down the road if playing guitar is no longer a priority in your life. That first guitar will get you by for the first year, after that, if your still playing, upgrade to a higher priced guitar.
THIRDSTONE

Postby Kathriwield » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:08 am

Ultimately your style and musical tastes will define the best kind of affordable guitar to go for. For example, if classic rock n’ roll is your thing, a Squier Telecaster will definitely suit you, whereas if metal is your passion, a Warlock from B.C. Rich will be worth checking out. :ugeek:
Kathriwield

Return to Guitar Talk