Kodi is a popular open source media program that contains thousands of videos, music, TV shows, and much more. Kodi can be accessed from various platforms and operating systems, such as Windows, macOs, Linux, Android, iOS, etc. Here is the process to download and install Kodi app on Windows PC.
How to find and install Kodi app from Microsoft Store
If you want to use Kodi on your system, then the best way to get it is Windows Store. For this, your system must be connected to the internet. If you’re already connected, start using these steps.
1. Start a web browser and visit kodi.tv/download. This direct link takes you straight to the download page.
Note: Downloading Kodi from the above link also downloads the app updates. If you would like to update Kodi manually whenever you want, skip this process and use the next (given below).
2. On the download page, go down to “Choose your weapon” heading and select ‘Windows’ from the options.
3. Now, select the ‘WINDOWS STORE’ by clicking the blue button.
4. Then click on the blue ‘Get’ button at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Microsoft Store.
5. Select ‘Open Microsoft Store’ if prompted to confirm.
6. Now, click the ‘Get’ button that is now appearing in the Store window. Clicking it will immediately start downloading the Kodi app, and a downloading bar should now display the progress.
7. After completing downloading, the ‘Launch’ button display on the screen.
8. Click ‘Launch’ to start the Kodi app. When you start the app, the Windows Security Alert window pops up on the screen.
9. Check the options to select your choice. You can choose one or both, then click ‘Allow access’ button at the bottom.
The Kodi app will now open, and you can start using it.
How to install the Kodi app from Installer
This method does not install the app updates; hence, your Kodi app will not update automatically.
1. Start a web browser and visit “kodi.tv/download.” This direct link takes you straight to the download page.
2. On the download page, go down to “Choose your weapon” heading and click ‘Windows.’
3. Now, click on the blue ‘INSTALLER (32BIT)’ button in front Release next to ‘WINDOWS STORE’ button. Clicking it will start downloading the installer file of the most recent version of Kodi app.
4. Select ‘Download’ or ‘Save’ if prompted before downloading.
5. When the Kodi installer file downloads, locate its location and double click it. It is the file ends with “.exe,” running it will begin installing the Kodi.
6. Select ‘Yes’ on the User Account Control popup.
7. Now, click the ‘Next >’ button on the installation wizard window.
8. Select ‘I Agree.’
9. Select the type of install by clicking the long dropdown button. If you want to get the full version of Kodi, choose ‘Full.’
10. Again click ‘Next >’.
11. Now, select where in your Windows system you want to install the Kodi’s file. Click the ‘Browse’ button to under Destination Folder heading and select the folder you want.
12. After choosing the location, click ‘Next.’
13. Hit ‘Install’ to begin the installation process. Clicking it will immediately start installing the Kodi app and progress bar will start filling up.
14. When it fills completely, the ‘Finish’ button comes up on the screen.
15. Click ‘Finish.’
10. Now, click the ‘Kodi’ icon on your desktop or in the folder you’ve installed the app to start it. When you start the app, the Windows Security Alert window pops up on the screen.
11. Check the options to select your choice. You can select one or both, then click ‘Allow access’ button to finish and launch Kodi.
Now, browse and watch your favorite shows, live TV, whatever you want.office.com/setup