Search
cart status
Rock House on YouTube Follow us on Twitter Join our Facebook Fan Page
rockhousemethod.com • View topic - Seeking Easy Bass Riffs

Return to Bass Talk

Seeking Easy Bass Riffs

For the Lords and Ladies of the Low End!

Seeking Easy Bass Riffs

Postby Fat&Bassy1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 am

G'day lords and ladies of the four strings :)

I have been playing bass for a couple of months now and so far I know riffs from a few songs I am familiar with:
Sure Know Something by Kiss
No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.
All are quite easy.

I am here seeking some easy, but real bass lines i can practice. I need them in tablature and not complicated sheet music. If you can link me to a tab of an easy bass song, I'd be so grateful. If you could put the tabs here, that be a bonus.

Oh and I have a sub question. How do I get a good sound outa my amp? It's about $300(Australian). It's a Mega GL30B. It has Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume and contour knobs that go from numbers 1-10. THe imput has passive and active jacks. My guitar itself has four strings, one tone and one volume. How do I get a good sound?

I wish to hear from any of you! ;)

ta-ta

--Fat&Bassy1
Fat&Bassy1

Re: Seeking Easy Bass Riffs

Postby Stormy Maverick » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm

There are tons of bass tab sites out there.... but try http://www.bigbasstabs.com and see if there's anything there you like. I'm pretty sure you'll find a few. Then, just do a search for sites. Like I said, there's plenty to choose from.

As for the tone, I would crank the bass volume knob up as high as you can to get the full signal to the amp. Set the tone knob at a neutral (midway) position. For the three knobs on the amp, the low end gives presence (you know... you can FEEL the bass instead of hearing it), the mid gives punch (or loudness and throw) and the high will give it pop! What you need to decide is how much of each gives the sound YOU are looking for. I start with all three in the middle and then go up or down until I find the right balance. It will take some experimenting, but if you use the above as a starting point and keep dialing in until you hear what you're looking for, you will get there.
Have you hugged your bass today?
Stormy Maverick

Postby Michael Carr » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm

I Can Tell You This
When Stormy Frist Came Here There Wasent Really But a Couple Bass Players Here
So He Took What We Can Call Lone Ranger Blues ( Haveing The Will Power Too Continue ) Playing Bass Learning On His Own
And Helping New Players With Info :D
Takeing Back My Life In 2012
Michael Carr

Postby Jensen464 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:59 am

Learning in the basics and take instruction from the experience people so get more knowledge. The resumespice review is the best place where you can meet and do the discussion with them and learn more things.
Jensen464

Postby JoWee » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 am

And can anybody advise which amp I should get? I am thinking about https://musiety.com/a-complete-review-of-the-best-vox-bass-amps/ now, what do you say, is it a good option? I am not a pro s I just need a decent sound to play all my favourite riffs.
JoWee

Return to Bass Talk